Recipe: Winter Root Vegetable Chowder
Contributed by Babblin Babs' for the Second Annual Farm to Table Soups Fundraiser - November 12, 2011
1. Dice 3 large onions and 2 bunches of green onion.
2. In a large stock pot add ¼ cup of butter, add onions with 1 tsp garlic and cover 5 minutes.
3. Prep the following;
1 pound of diced carrots
6 stalks of celery
2 turnips diced
2 potatoes small cube
3 quarts of vegetable stock
4. To the stock pot add; ¾ cup flour stir and mix well. Continue to add stock, vegetables and 3 bay leaves,3 tsp white pepper, 2 tsp thyme and 2 Tbsp lemon solutions.
Cover on simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Finish soup with 2-3 cup cream.
6. Garnish with cheese and parsley.