Art Prints for Sale at market $10. Limited
signed by artist.
Proctor Farmers’ Market
Market Manager Job Description
March 14, 2012
The Proctor Farmers’ Market seeks a Market Manager. This is a year-round, half-time position (about 20 hours per week), starting immediately. Applications will be accepted through April 2, 2012. Contact email@example.com for an application.
- Established in the Tacoma community.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of constituents.
- Good organization skills and the ability to undertake a variety of time-sensitive tasks.
- Good customer service skills.
- Must be available on Saturdays, year-round, and willing to work early hours.
- Responsible for implementing rules and policy set forth by the Board.
- Ensures efficient running of weekly market: plans staffing needs; creates weekly site map; schedules organizations for community booth; supervises market operations and compliance with all government regulations and market rules; responds to customer and vendor concerns; conducts customer counts; oversees correct site set up and break down; ensures site left clean and equipment stored.
- Coordinates weekly account reconciliation with the bookkeeper.
- Keeps records of daily sales, fees and commission; food bank donations; customer counts; volunteer hours.
- Supervises Market Assistant and Market Help, and recruits Volunteers.
- Obtains all necessary licenses and permits (health department, city, etc.).
- Conducts vendor application process, reviews applications, permits and licenses. Coordinates with vendor committee in organizing pre-season meeting; sends out updates to vendors during season.
- Serves as a liaison between vendors and board; undertakes first stage of grievance process.
- Coordinates with vendor committee to evaluate each new vendor and schedules site visits if necessary. Maintains potential vendor file.
- Coordinates with Marketing Committee to establish the calendar for season’s events; schedules weekly music program, cooking demos and vendor workshops, and occasional special events, as needed.
- Works and coordinates with the marketing/sponsorship staff person to share and exchange information as needed and to ensure sponsorship deliverables are efficiently implemented at the market. Coordinates operation of the market store booth to facilitate the display and sale of market merchandise.
- Recruits and trains volunteers; schedules volunteers and tracks hours; maintains and updates volunteer manual; organizes volunteer appreciation event/items.
- Coordinates distribution of market poster and event flyers. Provides content for weekly online newsletter and other promotional materials; sends updates to website, FaceBook, and Twitter.
- Renews membership with WSFMA, Puget Sound Fresh, and other groups.
- Submits Market information to relevant food sustainability media (e.g. Puget Sound Fresh).
- Attends WSFMA conference, Focus on Farming; represents market at sustainability fairs.
- Liaises between board and staff (assistant manager, etc.).
- Assists board in maintaining relationships with City administrators.
- Assists board with long term planning and evaluation of market performance; attends board meetings and retreat; serves on Marketing/Sponsorship and Vendor committees and attends other committee meetings as assigned by the Board.
- Creates A-board fliers and bin signage.